Sunday 7 April 2013

Melissa McCarthy: 'SNL' Monologue in Heels


Melissa McCarthy has a hard time standing up in her high heels during her opening monologue on Saturday Night Live on Saturday (April 6) in New York City. The 42-year-old The Heat actress hosted the late night sketch comedy show for the second time and was absolutely hilarious once again!After getting back on her feet, she explained to the audience, "They told me, 'Make sure you practice in your shoes.' I said, 'What, I live in heels!' But I don't do that. That was not honest. I'm primarily in a Croc." "I just really wanted to get all gussied up for you guys," she said. "Wow, I can't feel anything from my arch to my toes," she joked. "You could just bite that half off.""They told me, 'Make sure you practice in your shoes,' and I said, 'What? I live in heels!'" Then Melissa confessed she was treading unfamiliar territory: "I'm primarily in a Croc, which is a different pitch." We are all too familiar with the perils of high heels, so it's awesome to see a star discuss their dangers so frankly. We were happy to see Melissa her keep her cool and embrace the comedy in the situation. And hey, at least she didn't pull a Lena Dunham and go barefoot. McCarthy concluded her monologue by falling face-first offstage. Would you have kept it together? Watch the video below to see Melissa get knocked down, and get up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment